Sunday 30 October 2011

Betrayal at Krondor

Game: Betrayal at Krondor
Developer: Dynamix
Platform: PC (DOS)
Release Year: 1993
Stephen's Rating: 4/10


Betrayal at Krondor was a first and third person RPG set in Raymond E. Feist's fantasy world of Midkemia

Basic Plot

I don't remember much about the plot as I only started playing it and never progressed very far. I found the game too complex and too difficult to get into.

 Exploring.

Gameplay

The exploration part of the game happened from a first person perspective, and combat was third person.

The big thing that drew my attention to the game was the sheer scale of the world you could explore. It was massive, perhaps rivaling the infamous Morrowind in terms of size.

Combat.

Positives

Huge scale, lots of exploration and side-quests available. From a logical perspective this game sounded right up my alley, but it just didn't come off as expected.

Negatives

A bit too big. Hard to focus on the actual story. I often felt like I had no purpose.

Memorable Moments

None.

I didn't really "get" this game. Perhaps someone who played it and enjoyed it could comment further.

No comments:

Post a Comment