Monday 12 December 2011

Cyberdogs

Game: Cyberdogs
Developer: Ronny Wester
Platform: PC
Release Year: 1994
Stephen's Rating: 7/10


Basic Plot

None.

Gameplay

Cyberdogs is a top down action shooter which can be played as a single or two player shared screen co-operative campaign.

Players choose between three characters; Jones, Ice, and Warbaby. The game involves traversing levels, collecting items, and fighting off enemies. Money obtained during a level could be spent between levels on upgrading your weapons and gear.

Choose your hero. Why wouldn't you go Warbaby? I mean... he's wearing a beret.

Positives

Along with Sopwith 2 and The Lost Vikings this was one of those games my brother introduced me to. This had an air of "cool" about it, and I really enjoyed the times I played it.

Negatives

The view and controls were a bit confusing at times, shared screen even more so. The perspective was unusual for other games of that era.


Memorable Moments

I remember there were some pretty amazing guns you could obtain if you saved up enough money. I played split screen a lot with my brother and other friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment