Thursday 17 November 2011

Tegl Monopoly

Game: Tegl Monopoly
Year: 1989
Developer: Tegl Systems
Stephen's Rating: 5/10

So this is a bit awkward... and I'm going to do things a little differently.

When I was about 8 or 9 years old we got our first computer. It was a 386 with a 33 Mhz processor, 4 MB of RAM, and a whopping 81 MB hard drive, sporting the flash Windows 3.1.

One of the games on that computer was a simple version of Monopoly which was distinguished only by the fact instead of counters you had small people of various colours who comprosied of only a few pixels each.

UPDATE: I've found the game! It was called Tegl Monopoly and here is a screenshot:



You could set up a few basic settings, and you could have dozens of players unlike the real game.

Now I can't find any record of it. I can't find any images of it, don't know who made it, don't know where to start. I did want to put it in here though as it is part of my childhood and my video game history.

Memorable Moments

I used to play this game by myself with all the pieces. I played all of them, and I would pick 4 of them who would each take one side of the board (in terms of property). Then the 4 with property would fight it out by random chance to see who would win the game. The others were essentially just a source of income.

No comments:

Post a Comment