Monday 28 November 2011

Rune

Game: Rune
Developer: Human Head Studios
Platform: PC
Release Year: 2000
Stephen's Rating: 4/10


Basic Plot

The game revolved around Norse mythology and follows a hero named Ragnar as he gets caught up in the feud between Odin and Loki, and must travel to the underworld to prevent Ragnarok.

Gameplay

Rune used the Unreal 1 game engine and played out as a third person hack'n'slash action game, like a third person shooter but primarily with melee weaponry.



Positives

I loved the concept of this game when I first saw it. I'd never seen a melee combat game which was real time like this before.

Negatives

I found the game confusing to get into. I tried to start the game a couple of times but generally got confused on where to go next or what my purpose was.


Memorable Moments

None.

No comments:

Post a Comment