Tuesday 22 November 2011

Sopwith

Game: Sopwith / Sopwith 2
Developer: David L. Clark
Platform: Originally Atari 520ST, I played an MS-DOS port.
Release Year: 1984
Stephen's Rating: 4/10


One of the oldest games I have ever played on a computer.

Basic Plot

None.

Gameplay

The style was a 4 colour CGA 2D action flying game.

The game always starts with having to take off. This required getting enough speed and getting the right timing and angles, and as a new player was excrutiatingly difficult to do.

Once you were in the air the goal was to hit enemy targets and avoid crashing.

Positives

The game was fast paced and required more skill than many of the 2D platform games released in the years following.



Negatives

The game was too hard to play, especially for a young buy such as myself (at the time anyway).

Memorable Moments

My brother discovered this game before I did. The extreme level of skill you had to use to play it made the game kind of "cool" in my mind even though it was outdated at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment